- Master of Business Administration, 1968, Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California. Concentrations: Finance and Marketing.
- Bachelor of Arts, 1966, College of Business and Economics, California State University of Los Angeles. Concentrations: Economics and Business Administration.
- Associate of Arts, 1964, Pasadena City College, Concentration: Liberal Arts.
POST GRADUATE WORK
- Banking: Basic and Advanced Certificates in Banking from the American Institute of Banking.
- Mortgage Banking: Basic and Advanced Case Study on Income Property Financing seminars from the Mortgage Bankers Association of America.
- Real Estate: College level courses in Principals of Real Estate, Real Estate Practice, Real Estate Finance, Real Estate Appraisal, Real Estate Management, Legal Aspects of Real Estate, Business Law, Accounting, and numerous courses to meet continuing education requirements of the Department of Real Estate, State of California.
- Receiverships: Seminars sponsored by the California Receivers Forum and the 16 hour comprehensive course on receivership administration and procedures by the California Receivers Forum held at Loyola Law School, April, 2000, October, 2004, January 2009. Also attend most all CRF educational seminars.
- Various Seminars and Conferences: Attendance at numerous seminars, conferences and workshops in the general areas of banking, mortgage lending, commercial real estate, investments and investment management over the last 41 years.
LICENSES / DESIGNATIONS
- Investment Advisor, from 1998 to present, issued by the Department of Corporations, State of California. License number 923-3379.
- Real Estate Broker, from 1992 to present, issued by the Department of Real Estate (DRE), State of California. License number 00483457.
- Real Estate Salesperson, from 1974 to 1992.
- Basic Mediation Training – Certificate of Completion (30 hours), issued by the Los Angeles County Bar Association Dispute Resolution Services, Inc., May 26, 2004.
- CRB Designation, issued by the Council of Real Estate Brokerage Managers, April 2006.
- CIPS Designation, issued by the National Association of REALTORS, November 2006.
- TRC Certification, issued by the National Association of REALTORS.
- At Home with Diversity Certification, issued by the National Association of REALTORS.
Description: 1993 – Present
Receiver for numerous Superior Courts located in southern California and nominated by many leading law firms on cases involving residential, multi-family, office, retail, industrial, medical, land and special purpose property types. Transactions have ranged in value from approximately $500,000 to in excess of $110,000,000. Service available on entity liquidations and as a partition referee.
Richmont Investment Property Services, Inc.
Company Description: This Company provides commercial property management, leasing, sales, acquisition, consultation, due diligence, investment analysis, and other services to clients. Properties are located throughout southern California. Clients include private and foreign investors, investment funds, trusts, and institutional investors, local, state and federal governmental entities. This company was founded in 1992 by George R. Monte and Norman R. Richards (now retired).
1999 – Present President, Treasurer and Chief Executive Officer of this company.
1992 – 1999 Executive Vice President and Secretary of this company.
First Interstate Mortgage Company/ United California Mortgage Company
Company Description: This Company was the dominant commercial mortgage banking company in California for many years. It provided land and construction lending for its own account and arranged permanent loans from institutional investors. Loans were originated throughout the United States on shopping centers and other retail developments, industrial buildings and parks, office buildings and parks, apartment buildings, hospitality properties, health care facilities and a variety of other property types. Through mergers, this company is now part of Cap Mark Financial Inc. Mr. Monte was active in loan origination and worked with many prominent developers, business owners and private investors. Mr. Monte also participated with senior management in many administrative areas of the company.
1987 – 1991 Senior Vice President and Regional Manager for commercial real estate loan production. Offices reporting were located in Pasadena and Irvine, California and Raleigh, North Carolina.
1985 – 1987 Senior Vice President, assistant branch manager and loan production officer.
1979 – 1985 Vice President and loan production officer.
1975 – 1979 Assistant Vice President and loan production officer.
1974 – 1975 Mortgage Loan Representative, served as staff appraiser and loan production officer.
United California Bank
Company Description: The bank ranked within the top 10 commercial banks in the United States. It had an extensive branch system in California and was affiliated through its holding company to banks in the western states. It also provided national and international banking services, trust services and other bank services common within the banking industry at that time. This bank was merged into Well Fargo Bank.
1972 – 1974 Assistant Vice President and Industrial Consultant in the Industrial Services Division of United California Bank. Participated in client merger and acquisition activities and served as assistant administrator of the Division.
1970 – 1972 Assistant Vice President and Manager, Special Credit Investigations, United California Bank. Supervised department performing large credit investigations, worked with national corporations and local credit reporting agencies, and worked with local and federal law enforcement agencies.
1969 – 1970 Administrative Assistant, National Division, United California Bank. Responsible for loan officer support, preparation of all loan committee presentations and special assignments for the team of national account officers to which he was assigned.
1968 – 1969 Personnel Department, worked on staff study to determine correlation of employment test scores to perceived success in commercial banking. Training Department, worked as trainee in commercial loan officer training program and in various duties in branches in the Los Angeles area.
Private Investments: Since the mid-1970s, direct personal real estate experience has been gained in owning and managing multi-family residential units, rehabilitating single family residences, being a limited partner in a public limited partnership, being a limited partner in a private limited partnership, being a partner in a secondary home, being a partner in family real estate, being a general partner and syndicator for an industrial building, and being a general partner and syndicator in a limited partnership that developed an office building in an office park. Experience includes acquisition, leasing, sales, maintenance and repairs, tenant relations, legal, tax and other areas associated with such investments. Experience also includes managing a personal investment portfolio containing common stocks and various mutual fund holdings.
Loan Officers’ Manual, First Interstate Mortgage Company. Primary author of the guide for analyzing and presenting for approval construction and other types of real estate loans within the First Interstate Mortgage Company family of companies.
Article, Industrial real estate in the Los Angeles area for a national real estate magazine.
Commercial Investment Education Alliance – Member and instructor for CIEA in preparing and presenting the Commercial Success Series of educational classes to REALTOR members of local associations in the areas of commercial and investment real estate.
Tools for Success Co-founder of educational events that combine sponsorship from the National Association of REALTORS and three local associations to support commercial real estate education in southern California.
Arcadia Association of REALTORS Former Chairman and founder of the Commercial and Investment Committee for the Arcadia Association of REALTORS. Responsible for monthly meetings for the marketing of investment properties and the education of members in the areas of real estate investment and analysis. Also responsible for specialized seminars to further the education of members. Many seminars have California DRE credit available.
First Interstate Mortgage Company Responsible for teaching new employees real estate investment and analysis, theories and application of land, construction and permanent lending, institutional representation, ethics, loan submissions, credit approval presentations, institutional joint ventures, customer calling, loan closing and other areas applicable directly to job performance.
First Interstate Mortgage Company Responsible for teaching real estate lending to employees of numerous correspondent banks of the First Interstate banking system to enable them to participate in the construction loan portfolio of the mortgage company.
Mortgage Bankers Association of America Responsible for teaching a course in mortgage lending and lending on industrial properties for the Association for courses held at Cal-Poly Pomona.
Various Seminars Participated as a panelist on various programs in the real estate industry.
- California Receivers Forum
- Arcadia Association of REALTORS
- California Association of REALTORS
- National Association of REALTORS
- Council of Real Estate Brokerage Managers
- CIPS Network, National Association of REALTORS
- Chinese American Real Estate Professionals Association
- Asian American Real Estate Association
- REALTORS Commercial Alliance of Orange County
- Former member of numerous trade associations
Areas of past or current service include, but are not limited to, the following:
- President, Junior Executives Club, Pasadena City College.
- Vice President, Associated Men’s Students, Pasadena City College.
- Member, Pasadena Junior Chamber of Commerce.
- Board Member and Treasurer, First Church of the Nazarene, Pasadena, California.
- Board Member, Christian Campus Homes, affiliated with the First Church of the Nazarene.
- Co-founder, Helping Hands ministry, First Church of the Nazarene.
- Member, Pasadena Now, affiliated with the Pasadena Chamber of Commerce.
- Board Member, Pasadena Development Corporation (LDC), City of Pasadena.
- Committee Member, Advisory Committee on Urban Design for the Central Business District, City of Pasadena.
- Chairman, Commercial / Investment Committee, Arcadia Association of REALTORS (04/05), member (04-09).
- Committee member, Commercial, Technology, Grievance, Education, Marketing, Budget and Finance, and Real Estate Professionals committees of Arcadia Association of REALTORS
- Member, Board of Directors of Arcadia Association of REALTORS (05/06/07/08/09).
- Vice President, Arcadia Association of REALTORS (06).
- President-Elect, Arcadia Association of REALTORS (07).
- President, Arcadia Association of REALTORS (08).
- Director, REALTORS Commercial Alliance of Orange County (07/08/09).
- Member, California Association of REALTORS Commercial Investment Committee (06/07/08/09).
- Member, Membership, International Forum, Federal Issues, President’s Leadership Forum, Property Management, and other Committees, Task Forces, or Work Groups of the California Association of REALTORS.
- Vice Chair, RCA Commercial Investment Committee of the California Association of REALTORS (07).
- Chair, RCA Commercial Investment Committee of the California Association of REALTORS (08).
- Member, Commercial Forms Study Group of the California Association of REALTORS (08/09).
- Member, California Association of REALTORS Board of Directors (06/07/08).
- Member, REALTORS Commercial Alliance Committee of the National Association of REALTORS (07/08/09).
- Co-Founder, Tool for Success seminar series of real estate classes (05/06/07/08/09).
- Member, Commercial Investment Education Alliance (CIEA) (08/09).
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Honors for Leadership and Service, Pasadena City College
- Businessman of the Month, Pasadena Chamber of Commerce
- Named as one of the Outstanding Young Men of America
- Who’s Who Worldwide
- Who’s Who of American Business Leaders
- Standard & Poor’s Register of Corporations
- Directors and Executives
- Who’s Who in Executives and Professionals
- The Heritage Registry of Who’s Who.
REFERENCES Available upon request.
GEOGRAPHICAL AREAS OF SERVICE
Counties in which we have served as receiver or are on file with the Court:
- Los Angeles
- San Bernardino
- San Diego
- San Luis Obispo
- Santa Barbara
- Service is available throughout the State of California.
Property types in which we have experience are as follows:
- Single Family Residential
- Multi-Family Residential
- Mobil Home Parks
- Office Buildings and Parks
- Industrial / Warehouse Building and Parks
- Retail Buildings
- Shopping Centers
- Net Leased Properties
- Mixed Use Properties
- Health Care Facilities
- Research and Development Facilities
- Historic Building Rehabilitation
- Major Corporate Real Estate
- Hospitality Facilities
- Medical Facilities
- Redevelopment Areas and Properties
- Institutional Properties
- Government Properties
REPRESENTATIVE CASE MANAGEMENT AND EXPERIENCE
Over 1,700,000 sq. ft. of experience. Representative, but not a complete list of properties.
- Pasadena 4,970 square foot garden-style office building
- Victorville 5,496 square foot garden-style office building
- Covina 6,000 square foot garden-style office building
- Los Angeles 6,540 square foot high security office building
- Lancaster 7,818 square foot garden-style office building
- Pasadena 8,374 square foot office/industrial building
- Tustin 9,380 square foot garden-style office building
- Van Nuys 9,400 square foot garden-style office building
- La Mirada 10,405 square foot garden-style office building
- Los Angeles 13,200 square foot garden-style office building
- Van Nuys 14,200 square foot office building
- Van Nuys 16,657 square foot medical office building
- San Bernardino 20,455 square foot garden-style office building
- San Bernardino 28,000 square foot downtown office building
- San Diego 27,767 square foot office building
- Santa Ana 28,000 square foot garden-style office building
- Burbank 30,000 square foot garden-style office building
- Irvine 34,000 square foot garden-style office building
- Los Angeles 139,000 square foot office building under demolition
- Santa Monica 70,586 square foot medical office building
- Baldwin Park 3,345 square foot industrial building
- San Jose 4,422 square foot industrial building
- Chula Vista 6,348 square foot office/industrial building
- Orange 6,400 square foot industrial building
- Inglewood 9,434 square foot industrial building
- Valencia 11,292 square foot industrial building
- Anaheim 12,208 square foot industrial building
- City of Industry 17,200 square foot industrial building
- Commerce 20,002 square foot industrial building
- Laguna Niguel 25,225 square foot office/industrial building
- Maywood 27,043 square foot office/industrial building
- Palm Desert 28,000 square foot industrial building
- La Mirada 36,000 square foot industrial building
- Arleta 47,810 square foot office/industrial building
- Murrieta 50,000 square foot office/industrial building
- Simi Valley 60,075 square foot/industrial building
- Van Nuys 61,000 square foot industrial building
- Baldwin Park 1,158 square foot bar / restaurant building
- La Jolla 2,523 square foot strip center
- Reseda 3,708 square foot strip center
- San Bernardino 4,422 square foot strip center
- Costa Mesa 4,579 square foot strip center
- Pacific Palisades 4,598 square foot strip center
- Inglewood 4,641 square foot strip center
- Torrance 5,064 square foot strip center
- Beverly Hills 5,100 square foot automotive service center
- Maywood 5,322 square foot strip center
- San Diego 5,639 square foot strip center
- Santa Ana 5,750 square foot Post Office Facility
- Palm Desert 5,850 square foot freestanding retail building
- Covina 5,940 square foot freestanding retail building
- Long Beach 5,975 square foot strip center
- Pasadena 6,000 square foot strip center
- San Bernardino 6,055 square foot strip center
- Long Beach 6,250 square foot strip center
- Placentia 6,366 square foot strip center
- Inglewood 6,372 square foot strip center
- La Mirada 6,500 square foot freestanding retail building
- San Diego 6,600 square foot strip center
- Montclair 6,608 square foot strip center
- San Diego 6,767 square foot strip center
- San Diego 6,886 square foot strip center
- San Diego 7,003 square foot strip center
- Wilmington 7,312 square foot strip center
- Glendora 7,409 square foot strip center
- Pico Rivera 7,850 square foot strip center
- Santa Ana 8,488 square foot strip center
- Inglewood 9,066 square foot strip center
- Van Nuys 9,168 square foot strip center
- Inglewood 9,199 square foot strip center
- Glendora 9,340 square foot strip center
- Northridge 9,586 square foot strip center
- Santa Ana 9,830 square foot strip center
- Mission Viejo 9,967 square foot strip center
- Tustin 10,500 square foot restaurant building
- Chula Vista 10,797 square foot strip center
- La Mesa 10,830 square foot strip center
- Los Angeles 10,989 square foot strip center
- Lawndale 11,580 square foot strip center
- Chula Vista 14,100 square foot strip center
- Fontana 15,024 square foot strip center
- Sylmar 16,276 square foot strip center
- Palmdale 17,500 square foot strip center
- Westlake Village 17,675 square foot automotive service mall
- Mojave 19,434 square foot single tenant retail building
- Montclair 20,178 square foot strip center
- Montclair 22,540 square foot automotive service center
- Moreno Valley 23,785 square foot single tenant retail building
- Victorville 31,750 square foot retail building
- San Bernardino 35,070 square foot freestanding retail center
- Lancaster 40,900 square foot neighborhood center
- Blythe 47,130 square foot neighborhood shopping center
- Santa Ana 1 single family executive residence
- Various 4 single family homes
- Pasadena 4 unit apartment building
- South Pasadena 6 unit apartment building
- Tustin 60 unit apartment building
- Los Angeles 2 unit luxury apartment building
- Los Angeles 5 unit income apartment complex
- Baldwin Park 13 unit apartment complex
- Carson 1 single family house
Single or Special Purpose Properties
- Pasadena 32 bed teen drug rehabilitation center
- Fullerton 300 bed skilled nursing care facility
- Compton 110 bed alcohol and drug rehabilitation facility
- Long Beach 6,544 square foot multi-building residential care facility
- Baldwin Park 7,834 square foot motel
- Riverside 745 acres
Partial List of Receiver Appointments:
- Kern County Superior Court
- Retail – Mojave, California
- Los Angeles County Superior Court – Central Division
- Residential care facility – Pasadena, California
- Multi-tenant office building – Burbank, California
- Strip center – Pasadena, California
- Strip center – Palmdale, California
- Strip center – Northridge, California
- Industrial – Valencia, California
- Industrial – Van Nuys, California
- Office building – Van Nuys, California
- Industrial – Maywood, California
- Industrial – Commerce, California
- Strip center – Sylmar, California
- Strip center – Wilmington, California
- Strip center – Torrance, California
- Strip center – Inglewood, California
- Industrial – Inglewood, California
- Auto Service Center – Beverly Hills, California
- Alcohol and Drug Rehabilitation Center – Compton, California
- Multi-family residential complex – Los Angeles, California
- Residential Care Facility – Long Beach, California
- Office Building – Pasadena, California
- Office Building – Los Angeles, California
- Los Angeles County Superior Court – Pasadena Division
- Multi-family residential complex – South Pasadena, California
- Los Angeles County Superior Court – Western Division
- Medical Office Building – Santa Monica, California
- Orange County Superior Court- Santa Ana
- Residential – Santa Ana, California
- Office/Industrial – Laguna Niguel, California
- Convalescent Facility – Fullerton, California
- Orange County Superior Court – Santa Ana (continued)
- Office – Irvine, California
- Office – Santa Ana, California
- Land – Riverside County, Partnership Liquidation
- Riverside County Superior Court
- Neighborhood Shopping Center – Blythe, California
- Strip Shopping Center – Hemet, California
- Multi-Tenant Industrial Complex – Murrieta, California
- Industrial Building – Palm Desert, California
- San Bernardino County Superior Court
- Strip Center – Fontana, California
- Executive Suites – Victorville, California
- Strip Center – Fontana, California
- Office Building – San Bernardino, California
- San Diego County Superior Court
- Strip Center – Chula Vista, California
- Industrial building – Chula Vista, California
- Strip Center – San Diego, California
- Office Building – San Diego, California
- Office Building – San Diego, California
- Santa Clara County Superior Court
- Strip Center – San Jose, California
- Ventura County Superior Court
- Multi-Tenant Industrial – Simi Valley, CA
NOMINATING AND COOPERATING LAW FIRMS:
We have worked with many Law Firms on receivership assignments and other case or client activities. A partial listing is as follows:
- Allen, Matkins, Leck, Gamble & Mallory
- Alvarez, Glasman & Colvin
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Attorney General’s Office – State of California
- Baker & McKenzie
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft
- Coudert Brothers
- David Chang, Esq.
- Fierstein & Sturman
- Freeman, Freeman & Smiley
- Huron Zieve Kierstead, LLP
- Loeb and Loeb, LLP
- Douglas Martin, Esq.
- Stephen Moyer, Esq.
- Oliver, Vose, Sandifer, Murphy & Lee
- Procopio, Cory, Hargreaves and Savitch
- Sidley & Austin
- Stone & Doyle
- Tisdale & Nicholson
- Watkins & Coberly
AREAS OF BUSINESS PRACTICE
Due to the educational and broad work experience of George R. Monte, the areas of practice for his work are extensive and varied. Please see below a general characterization of these service areas.
Corporate and Transactional
- Capital Markets
- Creditors Rights
- Distressed Real Estate
- Domestic Corporate, Partnership, LLC
- Eminent Domain
- Financial Restructuring
- Financial Services
- Global Corporate, Partnership
- International Real Estate
- Institutional Debt and Equity
- Investment Banking
- Joint Ventures
- Land Use
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Mortgage Banking
- Private Client Equity
- Project and International Finance
- Property Management
- Public Finance
- Real Estate
- Strategic Alliances
- Tax Exempt Financing
Litigation / Controversy
- Partition Referee
Regulatory and Government Affairs
- Americans with Disabilities Act Issues
- Departmental and Agency Representation
- Environmental Issues
- Health and Safety Issues
- Redevelopment Agency Consulting
- Redevelopment Agency Property Management
- Investment Management
- Representation of Clients from:
- Asia and Pacific Rim Countries
- European Countries
- Latin American Countries
- Middle Eastern Countries
- North American Counties
- Banking and Finance
- Financial Services
- Investment Advisory Services
- Legal Services
- Professional Services
- Property Management
- Real Estate Brokerage
- Real Estate Investment Trusts
- Real Estate Services
- Securities Underwriting
- Venture Capital
PRO BONO AND MEMBERSHIPS
During his working career, George R. Monte has been an active volunteer in a variety of community based and trade based organizations as presented below:
Community Based Organizations
- Boy Scouts of America, leader
- Pasadena Junior Chamber of Commerce, member
- Pasadena Now, member
- Pasadena Development Corporation (LED), Director
- Advisory Committee on Urban Design – City of Pasadena, member
Trade Based Organizations
- Arcadia Association of REALTORS, President 08, Director 05-09, member various committees 04-09
- REALTORS Commercial Alliance of Orange County, Director 06-09
- California Association of REALTORS, Director 06-08, Committee Chair – Commercial Investment Committee 08, member of various committees and task forces 06-09
- National Association of REALTORS, member of the REALTORS Commercial Alliance Committee 07-09
- California Receivers Forum, Charter Member, 92-09
- Chinese American Real Estate Association, member
- California Mortgage Bankers Association, member
- Mortgage Bankers Association of America, member
- International Council of Shopping Centers, member
- Urban Land Institute, member
- Commercial Investment Educational Alliance, Director
- Tools for Success, Co-Founder
Between 1968 – 1974 George R. Monte served in the California Army National Guard in the combat communications area (C-2B-144th Field Artillery).
In the business operations of George R. Monte, he supports diversity in all areas of his practice, corporate and volunteer activities. Mr. Monte holds the Certification in At Home with Diversity from the National Association of REALTORS.
George R. Monte encourages a companywide program for the smarter use of our resources in many facets of his operations. He seeks to reduce the environmental impact and conduct business and the assets under management in a responsible manner. His desire is to maintain a flexible program which will change and adapt to the demands, challenges and opportunities of creating an environmentally responsible business and environment.
His program is focused on four key areas. They are described as follows:
- Energy / Utilities / Facilities
In his offices and in his homes he seeks to reduce energy and utility consumption. Such consumption may be in the areas of electrical, gas, and water usage. Also monitored is use of high energy equipment so to seek the most efficient use of the equipment, while at the same time reducing its use and its related operating costs. In repairing, maintaining, remodeling, or constructing new facilities, he seeks to follow the highest standards in choosing materials with high sustainability characteristics.
In the purchase of furniture, fixtures, equipment and operating supplies, he seeks to acquire such items that are most environmentally friendly and sustainable over time. Replacement parts, recyclable cartridges, and recycled paper are used whenever possible.
In travel he seeks the most efficient routes and the use of vehicles is for fuel efficient or hybrid types of vehicles, whenever possible.
- Waste and Recycling
He is committed to reducing paper and other waste and recycling photocopy and printer cartridges, paper, and plastic in his homes and offices.