Nicholas Wilson, Chief Operating Officer of Douglas Wilson Companies (DWC), is an authority in the resolution of complex assignments, such as non-performing loans, distressed real estate assets and operating companies. With over 30 years of experience, DWC has provided services in over 1,200 state and federal court matters, involving distressed assets valued in excess of $15 billion, across 35 states.
With offices in San Diego, Los Angeles/Orange County, Las Vegas, Phoenix, San Francisco and Washington D.C., Mr. Wilson spearheads the largest business services entity of its kind – providing nationwide workout and problem resolution, development, entitlement and construction management services. As a court-appointed fiduciary or independent third party, DWC has provided solutions on behalf of financial institutions, state and federal courts, law firms, and business and property owners.
Whether appointed as special master, receiver, trustee, performing forensic accounting tasks, or in any other fiduciary capacity, DWC utilizes a team approach which draws on the experience of all our professionals. This strategy allows team members to move where their talents can best be used and gives DWC the flexibility it needs to adapt to new challenges while operating within the unique legal framework required as court-appointed fiduciary.
DWC provides the following problem resolution services:
- Asset and property management
- Assignment for the benefit of creditors
- Bankruptcy examiner
- Bankruptcy trustee
- Business plan development & Implementation
- Chief restructuring officer
- Court-supervised asset sales
- Debt & equity restructuring
- Development and Construction services
- Due diligence
- Expert reports
- Expert witness
- Financial package & documentation
- Forensic accounting
- Fraud investigations
- Golf course/recreation management
- Healthcare facility management
- Hospitality and resort services
- Liquidating agent/liquidating trustee
- Litigation support
- Operating businesses/equity receiverships
- Outside creditors committee advisor
- Project cost analysis
- Provisional director
- SEC Ponzi schemes
- Special master
- Turnaround management/repositioning
- US Attorney investigations
- Workout strategies
Mr. Wilson’s professional organization memberships have included board member of the San Diego Receivers Forum, board member of the Los Angeles/Orange County Receivers Forum, board member of the San Diego Bankruptcy Forum, board & executive committee member of the Downtown San Diego Partnership, President of the San Diego-Tijuana Urban Land Institute’s Young Leaders Group, and member of the International Council of Shopping Centers.
Mr. Wilson, his wife Tiffany, and their daughter reside in the Mission Hills neighborhood of San Diego.